£75.00 EBook Add to Basket >>

£90.00 DVD Add to Basket >>

Add this eBook to your basket to receive access to all 289 records.

Our indexes include entries for the spelling foy. In the period you have requested, we have the following 289 records (displaying 271 to 280): 

These sample scans are from the original record. You will get scans of the full pages or articles where the surname you searched for has been found.

Your web browser may prevent the sample windows from opening; in this case please change your browser settings to allow pop-up windows from this site.

Prominent Inhabitants of Birmingham (1949)
The Birmingham Post Year Book and Who's Who is an annual publication seeking to give comprehensive information about the city's organizations and its eminent residents. The Year Book has separate sections dealing with the City Council; the Municipal Elections; Municipal Departments; The High Court of Justice; Members of Parliament for the City; Political Associations; Government Departments; Trade and Industry; Birmingham Consular Association; Banks and Branches; Birmingham Stock Exchange; Restaurants and Cafes; Health; Churches and Religious Congregations; Freemasons; Education; Child Care; Youth; Cultural Activities; British Broadcasting Corporation; Sports and Pastimes; Philanthropic and Kindred Institutions; County and Kindred Societies; International Societies; United Nations Association; Clubs; Transport; The Forces; Toc H.; Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes; Electricity and Gas Boards; Law List; Chartered Accountants; Incorporated Accountants; Certified and Corporate Accountants; Chartered Secretaries; Surveyors, Auctioneers, Land Agents and Valuers; Architects; Civil Engineers; Mechanical Engineers; Electrical Engineers; and Old Boys' Associations. For most organizations, names and addresses of secretaries and other officers are given. Full lists of professional people are given in their sections, with addresses. Then there is the Who's Who in Birmingham, which (with an In Memoriam section for those who had died in the last year) usually gives full name (surname first, in capitals, in bold), date and place of birth (and often father's name), if married the year and name of spouse (and sometimes father's name); numbers of sons and daughters; a brief description of career, recreations, and current address.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Prominent Inhabitants of Birmingham
 (1949)
Estates of the Deceased: Notices under the Trustee Act (1950)
Under the Trustee Act 1925 s. 27, notices were gazetted giving the names of deceased (surname first, in capitals); address, description, and date of death; names, addresses and occupations of persons to whom notices of claims against the estate were to be given, and names (in brackets) of personal representatives; and the date on or before which notices of claim were to be given. May 1950.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Estates of the Deceased: Notices under the Trustee Act
 (1950)
Estates of the Deceased: Notices under the Trustee Act (1950)
Under the Trustee Act 1925 s. 27, notices were gazetted giving the names of deceased (surname first, in capitals); address, description, and date of death; names, addresses and occupations of persons to whom notices of claims against the estate were to be given, and names (in brackets) of personal representatives; and the date on or before which notices of claim were to be given. February 1950.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Estates of the Deceased: Notices under the Trustee Act
 (1950)
Estates of the Deceased: Notices under the Trustee Act (1950)
Under the Trustee Act 1925 s. 27, notices were gazetted giving the names of deceased (surname first, in capitals); address, description, and date of death; names, addresses and occupations of persons to whom notices of claims against the estate were to be given, and names (in brackets) of personal representatives; and the date on or before which notices of claim were to be given. November 1950.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Estates of the Deceased: Notices under the Trustee Act
 (1950)
Estates of the Deceased: Notices under the Trustee Act (1950)
Under the Trustee Act 1925 s. 27, notices were gazetted giving the names of deceased (surname first, in capitals); address, description, and date of death; names, addresses and occupations of persons to whom notices of claims against the estate were to be given, and names (in brackets) of personal representatives; and the date on or before which notices of claim were to be given. August 1950.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Estates of the Deceased: Notices under the Trustee Act
 (1950)
Guy's Obituary (1950-1951)
Guy's Hospital, London, issued an annual Hospital Directory listing doctors at home and abroad, and graduates and licentiates in dental surgery who were qualified at the hospital and/or subsequently worked there. The names are listed alphabetically by surname (in capitals) and full name, with qualifications and appointments. The 1952 edition includes this Obituary section for Guy's doctors and dentists from January 1950 to December 1951.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Guy's Obituary
 (1950-1951)
Ex-Apprentices of British Thomson-Houston Company (1951)
In 1938 the British Thomson-Houson Co Ltd of Rugby first published a 'record of those who embarked upon careers in the Engineering Industry by way of the British Thomson-Houston Company's Training Scheme': this enlarged edition was issued in September 1951, based on data verified up to December 1948, with subsequent corrections up to the time of printing. The company had been training apprentices since 1899. The names of the deceased were printed in italics: the most vestigial entries in the volume simply give full name, and the years of apprenticeship; but most entries are much more comprehensive. The symbol 'w' indicates killed by enemy action. In the first column full name is given in bold, surname first (in capitals), and then any title, decorations, academic qualifications in italics. Beneath that is current address (as of 1951); and then (to the left) year of birth, and (to the right) nature of course followed and years (e. g. 30-32 for 1930 to 1932) of commencement and completion. The abbreviations for the courses are: C, Craft Apprentice; Ch, Chemist Apprentice; Cl, Clerical Apprentice; D, Drawing Office Apprentice; E, Engineering Student Apprentice (Engineering Apprentice up to 1947); G, Graduate Apprentice (Student Apprentice up to 1947); (s), Special Course; T, Testers' Course; V, Vacation Student; W. O., Works Office Apprentice. The second column gives particulars of academic training, war service, and miscellaneous information. The third column gives positions held in the past (printed in italics) and present position (as of 1951) where known.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Ex-Apprentices of British Thomson-Houston Company
 (1951)
Electrical Engineers (1952)
The Institution of Electrical Engineers was founded in 1871, and incorporated by royal charter in 1921. There were seven grades of member (honorary member, member, associate member, companion, associate, graduate, and student); this is the list of the 19,699 members of the latter three grades as of 1 July 1952. Most of the members were from Britain, but there were Oversea Branches for Calcutta, Ceylon and Ireland, and Oversea Committees in Australia, India, Malaya and Singapore, New Zealand and South Africa. The associates (A), graduates (G) and students (S) are listed together in a single alphabetical list by surname and christian name(s), with year of entering the grade. Some of the members also belonged to specialized sections of the institution, and these are indicated at the right by the letters M (measurements), R (radio), S (supply) and U (utilization).
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Electrical Engineers
 (1952)
Residents of Kenilworth (1953)
Kelly's Directory of Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford-upon-Avon, Kenilworth, &c. for 1953 includes this listing of private residents of Kenilworth. Full names are given, surname first, and address.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Residents of Kenilworth
 (1953)
Boys entering Truro School (1901-1954)
Truro College was founded 19 January 1880; the name was changed to Truro School in 1931. In 1954 this register of old boys was published, arranged alphabetically by surname and then christian name (or initials), in bold; then years of entering and leaving the school, and, in many cases, address as in 1954. Sometimes occupation is given.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Boys entering Truro School
 (1901-1954)
Previous page1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29Next page

Research your ancestry, family history, genealogy and one-name study by direct access to original records and archives indexed by surname.