£75.00 EBook Add to Basket >>

£90.00 DVD Add to Basket >>

Add this eBook to your basket to receive access to all 726 records.

Our indexes include entries for the spelling foley. In the period you have requested, we have the following 726 records (displaying 321 to 330): 

These sample scans are from the original record. You will get scans of the full pages or articles where the surname you searched for has been found.

Your web browser may prevent the sample windows from opening; in this case please change your browser settings to allow pop-up windows from this site.

Deaths, Marriages, News and Promotions (1851)
Death notices and obituaries, marriage and birth notices, civil and military promotions, clerical preferments and domestic occurrences, as reported in the Gentleman's Magazine. Mostly from England and Wales, but items from Ireland, Scotland and abroad.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Deaths, Marriages, News and Promotions
 (1851)
Deaths, Marriages, News and Promotions (1851)
Death notices and obituaries, marriage and birth notices, civil and military promotions, clerical preferments and domestic occurrences, as reported in the Gentleman's Magazine. Mostly from England and Wales, but items from Ireland, Scotland and abroad. July to December 1851
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Deaths, Marriages, News and Promotions
 (1851)
National ArchivesInhabitants of Newington in Surrey (1851)
The 1851 census return for St Mary Newington, Surrey, registration district: St Peter Walworth sub-district: enumeration district 15: described as: "All that Part of the Parish of St. Mary Newington, which Comprises The West side of Portland St. from Liverpool St. to Walworth Common, North side of Walworth Common from Portland St. to Doctor St. (both sides), Smith St. (both sides), Cancel St. (both sides), Merrow St. (both sides) and Grantham Place". This area lay in the ecclesiastical district of St Peter Walworth, and in the borough of Lambeth. HO 107/1567. The addresses listed in the actual returns are 1 to 47 Portland Street, 2 to 37 Merrow Street (including Queen Elizabeth public house), 1 to 3 Grantham Street, 1 to 9 Grantham Place, 1 to 11 and 16 to 18 Smith Street, 1 to 13 and 24 Lower Doctor Street, 1 to 24 Cancel Street, 1 to 20 Upper Doctor Street, and 1 to 3 Portland Place.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Inhabitants of Newington in Surrey
 (1851)
National ArchivesInhabitants of Newington in Surrey (1851)
The 1851 census return for St Mary Newington, Surrey, registration district: St Peter Walworth sub-district: enumeration district 30: described as: "All that Part of the Parish of St. Mary Newington, which Comprises Nelson Place (East side), Salisbury Place (South side) from Nelson Place to Northampton Place, Northampton Place (both sides), North St. (both sides) and Nelsons Court". This area lay in the ecclesiastical district of St Peter Walworth, and in the borough of Lambeth. HO 107/1567. The addresses listed in the actual returns are 1 to 25 Nelsons Place; 10 to 34 Salisbury Place; 1 to 30 and 99 to 102 North Street (including Fleets Yard); 1 to 10 Northampton Place; 1 to 4 Northampton Buildings; 1 to 11 Nelsons Court; and Hawkesbury Cottage.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Inhabitants of Newington in Surrey
 (1851)
National ArchivesInhabitants of Newington in Surrey (1851)
The 1851 census return for St Mary Newington, Surrey, registration district: St Peter Walworth sub-district: enumeration district 11: described as: "All that Part of the Parish of St. Mary Newington, which Comprises Hen & Chicken Lane (Wesy side) from the Hen & Chickens to Westmoreland Place, North Side of Walworth Common to Providence Street, East side of Providence St. to Ann St., South side of Ann St. Including Langleys Buildings, Princes Lane, Henry Place, Grove St. (both sides), Tucks Buildings & Nurses Court". This area lay in the ecclesiastical district of St Peter Walworth, and in the borough of Lambeth. HO 107/1567. The addresses listed in the actual returns are 2 and 7 Langley Buildings, 1 to 6 Hen & Chicken Lane; (1 and 2) Princes Street; (1 & 2) Princes Place; 1 to 5 Turners Cottages; 1 and 2 and 8 and 9 Princes Lane; 4 to 9 Princes Court; 1 to 3 Seaborn Cottages; 1 to 7 Monmouth Place; 1 to 18 Henry Place; 1 to 20 Westmor(e)land Row; 1 to 11 Grove Street; 1 to 5 Metcalf Buildings; 1 to 3 Tucks Buildings; 21 to 26 Westmor(e)land Place; 1 to 6 Westmor(e)land Terrace; 1 to 12 Providence Street; 1 to 5 Nurses Court; Providence Cottage(s); 1 to 6 Ann Street; and 10 to 12 Thurlow Place.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Inhabitants of Newington in Surrey
 (1851)
National ArchivesInhabitants of Southwark in Surrey (1851)
The 1851 census return for St George the Martyr, Southwark, registration district: London Road sub-district: enumeration district 9: described as: "Saint George's Road, 'the Fountain' to Wellman's, Garden Row (both inclusive) - Marshall Street (both sides) - Union Street & Courts - and Garden Row (both sides)." This area lay in the parish of St George the Martyr, Southwark, ecclesiastical district of St Jude. The addresses listed in the actual returns are 1 to 43 Marshall Street, 1 to 4 Fountain Terrace, 1 to 12 Union Street, 1 to 7 Edmond Court, 8 to 13 Union Court, 14 to 19 Bernau Court, 1 to 21 Alfred Place, 1 to 3 Smith's Court, 56 to 62 St George's Road, 1 to 40 Garden Row, and 1 to 3 Albert Row.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Inhabitants of Southwark in Surrey
 (1851)
National ArchivesInhabitants of Southwark in Surrey (1851)
The 1851 census return for St George the Martyr, Southwark, registration district: London Road sub-district: enumeration district 17: described as: "Charles Street (both sides) & House back of No 4 - Charles Place - South side of Westminster Road commencing at Catholic Chapel & including Princess Place, Asylum Buildings, Lee's Place & Hatfield Pl to the Crown inclusive - Lambeth Road to the Catholic Chapel & both sides of Joiner Street." This area lay in the parish of St George the Martyr, Southwark. The addresses listed in the actual returns are 1 to 29 Charles Street, 1 to 4 Charles Place, The Joiners Arms, 1 to 3 Joiners Place, 1 to 15 and 19 to 34 Joiner Street, St Georges Catholic Chapel, 1 to 5 Princess Place, 1 to 4 Asylum Buildings, 1 to 9 Hatfield Place, St Georges Circus (Crown Tavern), 1 to 7 Lees Place and 1 to 24 Lambeth Road.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Inhabitants of Southwark in Surrey
 (1851)
Masters of Merchantmen and Shippers (1851)
The London Mercantile Journal and Colonial Advocate, a weekly newspaper, published a report entitled Ships Entered Outwards, listing vessels registered with customs in the Port of London as preparing to leave for abroad. Under each day's heading each entry gives, first, the main port of destination; then the name of the ship; then the surname of the captain; nationality of the ship (e. g., B for British, D for Dutch, &c.); tonnage; the dock (e. g., W I D for West India Dock); and the name of the shipper or agent. These are the returns for August 1851. (The sample scan is from February)
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Masters of Merchantmen and Shippers
 (1851)
Pupil Teachers in Staffordshire: Boys (1851)
The Committee of Council on Education awarded annual grants for the training and support of pupil teachers and stipendiary monitors in schools in England, Wales, Scotland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. Pupil teachers started training between the ages of 13 and 15, and 'must not be subject to any bodily infirmity likely to impair their usefulness as Pupil Teachers, such as scrofula, fits, asthma, deafness, great imperfections in the sight or voice, the loss of an eye from constitutional disease, or the loss of an arm or leg, or the permanent disability of either arm or leg, curvature of the spine, or a hereditary tendency to insanity'. They also had to obtain certificates from the managers of the school (and their clergyman, in the case of Church of England schools) as to their moral character and that of their family; good conduct; punctuality, diligence, obedience, and attention to duty; and attentiveness to their religious duties. This detailed statement in the annual report of the committee for the year ending 31 October 1851 lists schools by county, giving: 1. Name and Denomination of School, with these abbreviations - B, British and Foreign School Society; F. C., Free Church of Scotland; H. C., Home and Colonial School Society; N., National Society, or connected with the Church of England; R. C., Roman Catholic Poor-School Committee; Wesn., Wesleyan Methodist. 2. Annual grants conditionally awarded by the committee in augmentation of teachers' salaries, and in stipends to apprentices, and gratuities to teachers. 3. Month in which annual examination was to be held. 4. Names of apprentices, giving surname and initials, and year of apprenticeship. Stipendiary monitors are indicated by (S. M.).
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Pupil Teachers in Staffordshire: Boys
 (1851)
National ArchivesResidents of Blue Anchor Yard, Westminster (1851)
In the 1851 census, Westminster superintendent registrar's district, St Margaret's registrar's district, enumeration district 12 comprised part of St Margaret's parish and Christ Church ecclesiastical district in the city of Westminster. HO 107/1480.
Sample scan, click to enlarge
Residents of Blue Anchor Yard, Westminster
 (1851)
Previous page1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73Next page

Research your ancestry, family history, genealogy and one-name study by direct access to original records and archives indexed by surname.